If You are Thinking about Selling Your Home, Here’s Why You Need A Pro in Your Corner!
With home prices stagnating in North San Diego County and homes sitting on the market longer, some sellers may be tempted to try and sell their homes on their own without using the services of a real estate professional. This is not the time to try it out, your home will likely sit while the market declines and it ultimately could cost you thousands of dollars.
Real estate agents are trained and experienced in advanced marketing and negotiation, in most cases, the seller is not. Sellers must realize that their ability to market and promote their home, then negotiate with other agents and buyers will determine whether or not they get the best deal for themselves and their families.
Here is a list of just some of the people with whom the seller must be prepared to negotiate with if they decide to For Sale by Owner (FSBO):
- The buyer who wants the best deal possible
- The buyer’s agent who solely represents the best interests of the buyer
- The buyer’s attorney (in some parts of the country)
- The home inspection companies, which work for the buyer and will almost always find some problems with the house
- The termite company if there are challenges
- The buyer’s lender if the structure of the mortgage requires the sellers’ participation
- The appraiser if there is a question of value
- The title company if there are challenges with certificates of occupancy (CO) or other permits
- The town or municipality if you need to get the CO permits mentioned above
- The buyer’s buyer in case there are challenges with the house your buyer is selling
The percentage of sellers who have hired real estate agents to sell their homes has increased steadily over the last 20 years and the number of FSBOs has declined. According to national statistics, home owners who sell on their own realize 8% or more less on their sale then those who hired a pro. Let’s get together to discuss all that we can do to make the process easier for you.